Wedding photography checklist
Planning to photograph a wedding? Make sure you have everything prepared by following our wedding photography checklist.
1. Getting ready Some photographers go to the bride’s home or hotel to photograph them getting ready for the big day.
2.The Bride Arriving The bride arriving at the church/venue, or standing nervously at the entrance, conveys the sense of anticipation of the event.
3. Details Get close-ups of the rings and the bride’s bouquet. A lot of thought goes into every detail of most weddings. A relative may have taken a personal interest in some aspect of the day and it’s good to record their efforts.
4. The Ceromony If shots during the ceremony are allowed, get a shot of the couple showing the venue – from above if possible. Be discreet and never use flash during the ceremony. The iconic moments (exchanging the rings, signing the register etc) are must-haves, too.
5. Essential Posed Shots Take some portraits of the couple after the ceremony. Also, the bride and bridesmaid(s), the groom and best man, the bride alone, group shots with each family, and the entire party.
6. At The Reception If you’re a guest, and can stay for the reception, photograph the cake cutting, and get a few shots of people dancing, chatting and having a good time later on.
There are no comments yet, add one below.